2013/03/27

Happy Easter

Just kidding.
I know many Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus during Easter not knowing where the name of the celebration, its date and its paraphernalia originally came from.
I am not going to preach to you that you ought to do this or that, I'll just leave it up to you.

I personally do not celebrate Easter, but Passover and the Feast of Unleavened Bread which begins with the Passover.
These are not inventions of Judaism, or products of Moses' imagination, but they are prophetic markers YHWH gave us for certain key events in His plan for mankind.
He gave us these dates as special occasions for us to focus on Him and His plan which stretches beyond the boundary of Time.

Tonight is the night of Passover based on the calendar on the observed, first visible sliver of the new moon which marks the beginning of the month.
Some use the calendar of Judaism, the calendar of exile, and they have already celebrated the Passover.

Whatever calendar you use, I wish you a very joyful celebration of the markers which originate from YHWH's hand.
Celebrating them is not a religious straightjacket you put yourself in, at least, it ought not be a religious straightjacket. It is a way of following your Father's instruction because you love Him and want to 'walk to His beat', or, if you like, 'dance to His rhythm'.

Don't worry about getting details not right, because it's not really about the details.
If it was about the details I would be in trouble, because I could not get any lamb's meat, so I opted for the chicken instead.
It's not exactly according to the instructions of the celebration of Passover, nor am I suggesting that a chicken is a suitable reference to Yahshua (no offence intended, Yahshua), but far more important than the details is how you celebrate it, remembering your beloved Messiah's suffering, honoring your king Yahshua, and reaching out to Him with your heart.
That is when you will be blessed, because as is the case with everything, it is about sincere love, not about meticulously following details.
It's the love which makes your heart beat in sync with our Father's rhythm.

So, Happy Easter, and give my regards to the Easter bunny if he happens to hop your way with a basket of painted eggs.
I know, I'm a bad, baaaad boy...

Edit: I guess an angel must have read what I wrote, because I just went out to get some vegetables as my eyes fixed on lamb's meat waiting for me to buy it. 
So, now I got the details right as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment